Web / Authoring / Content Management Tools
Don't get buried under a mountain of your own information; find the tools you need for creating, collaborating, editing and publishing content on the Web.
See also: Site management, for additional and more generalized tools.
Content Management Tools
- Enterprise, financial and knowledge oriented systems with a "one-to-one" focus, with an emphasis on open standards, scalability, and reliability.
- Compass Publisher
- Robust browser-based solution that provides a comprehensive set of features enabling an organization to distribute the functions of creating, publishing, and managing Web site content.
- From Senojweb, Electronic Content Management (ECM) provides a simple interface for content and site management, including performance, error and update statistics and control features.
- The FatWire UpdateEngine powers enterprise e-business in financial services, technology, marketing & communications, healthcare, insurance, B2B, and B2C industries, handling content ranging from press releases to e-commerce transactions and online customer support.
- The Internet Publishing System (IPS) is an advanced e-Publishing platform, allowing you to rapidly develop, deploy, manage, and deliver efficient, robust applications and content.
- Freely-available Open Source Web application development and publishing platform based on the popular PHP scripting language. Features are focused on creating, modifying and maintaining dynamic database-enabled Web services.
- Enables non-HTML users to develop and publish information to their web sites, intranets, and/or extranets through a browser-based content entry tool. Highlighted feature is the ability to direct and syndicate content to multiple internal and external sites simultaneously with a one-time entry.
- From Allaire, Spectra is an integrated Web publishing and site management package, focusing on content management, workflow and process automation, roles-based security, personalization, business intelligence and syndication features.
- Features personalization features, easy integration with existing technologies, page and page component caching, template-based page and application programming and much more with a dynamic, database-driven architecture.
- Uses hybrid database/file system architecture, and features advanced collaborative, templating, personalization, content replication and syndication tools.
- Zope is a leading Open Source Web application server. Zope enables teams to collaborate in the creation and management of dynamic web-based business applications, and makes it easy to include features such as site search, news, personalization, and e-commerce.
- Site Management:Publishing Tools
- From Internet Product Watch.
- Site Management: Content Management
- From DMOZ open directory.
Comments are welcome
Revised: March 1, 2000