Talk to Your Users
Track Time & Expenses
Free Online Office
get e-biz answers
Find a Web Host
Buy Linux Products
| What's New: - RSS|
- Book Review: Don't Make Me Think!
- A practical Web design usability guide, "Don't Make Me Think!" is based on empirical observation not exhaustive statistics. Steve Krug's five years of usability consulting are distilled down to this thin yet gem-filled how-to. From the WebReference Update by Andy King. 1115
- What is HTTP Delta Encoding?
- By sending just the differences between old and new pages, Web caching and load times can be dramatically improved. By Jeffrey Mogul. 1114
- 3D Dingbats: Bringing a Dingbat to Life
- Learn how to morph dingbats into stunning 3D graphics using Photoshop and a dash of Alien Skin. By guest columnist Shirley Kaiser. 1113
- RSA Encryption in Perl
- Encrypting data is becoming more important in a world where everyone wants to snoop. Learn how to protect your data in an ironclad lockbox with Perl and the Crypt::RC4 module. By Jonathan Eisenzopf. 1109
- Instant Gratification and Search Engine Rankings
- Instant hits! Top 10 guaranteed! These and other claims are debunked by Peggie Brown who says that raising traffic is a long term commitment. 1110
- Dynamically generating HTML pages with XMLC
- XMLC creates dynamic content from static HTML and XML documents using Java. XMLC: a better way to dynamically create HTML. By Michael Classen. 1108
- Update: Internet License Plate Gallery
- Got a cool Net-related plate? Let us know. Our latest favorites include WWWCAR, HACKER, and WEBNERD.
- Second Generation 3D
- New technologies are shaping the future of 3D graphics. Interactive 3D animation, facial animation, and 3D models from 2D photos highlight this week's installment by Robert Polevoi. 1106
- Pop-out Menu Bars, Part II: Browser-Independent Version
- Signup & Win Hot New Software!
- Signup today and you could win a killer bundle of optimization software from BoxTop and Insider Software. 1102
- I Say E-Mail, You Say Email
- Open publishing author Meryl Evans takes on the techno lingo of the Internet age and tackles the tough issues. Find out if you should be writing html or HTML code for the Net. 1103
| Elsewhere on developer.com|
- Step by Step Java Tutorial
- Take a step by step walk through the process of building a java applet. This learn by example method is considered the fastest way to learn by java programmer Bavo Bruylandt.
- Negroponte Pontificates on Atoms and Bits
- MIT Media Lab co-founder and technology prophet Dr. Nicholas Negroponte encouraged his audience to have "a healthy disrespect for authority," and said that at present, Latin America's Internet market is more promising than that of Asia.
- Netscape 6.0 Debuts
- Get the full story on what's new, what's good, and what's bad in our revised review of Netscape's new browser.
- The Bill Gates Keynote You Didn't See
- Go back to the future at Microsoft with this 1990 keynote speech by Bill Gates.