Speeding Up Frame Rates For DHTML Animation in Win98 - DHTML Lab | 9
Speeding Up Frame Rates For DHTML Animation in Win98
A Case Study
I would like to thank Morten Wang, Tim Williams, Kurt Cagle and Stanley Klein for their valuable insights and suggestions. A special thanks goes to DHTML Lab's editor, Peter Belesis, for the very helpful comments on browser performance in different settings and points on browser architecture. Everyone's "pearls of wisdom" have contributed to make this article much better than it otherwise would have been.
2. Cagle, K: "DHTML Window Redraw", In Inquiry.com's "Ask The DHTML Pro.", Dec. 23, 1998, DevX.com, Inc. http://www.inquiry.com/techtips/dhtml_pro/answer.asp?pro=dhtml_pro&docid=2508
3. Petzold, C: "Programming Windows. The definitive guide to the Win32 API", ed 5, Redmond, Washington, 1999, Microsoft Press, pp 327-330.
4. Morten Wang: Personal communication. June 6th, 2000.
5. Kurt Cagle: This suggestion comes from Kurt Cagle but without any additional support. June 27th, 2000.
9. Goodman, D: "Dynamic HTML: The Definitive Guide", Sebastopol, CA, 1998, O'Reilly & Assoc.
10. Rule, J: "Dynamic HTML: The HTML Developer's Guide", Reading, MA, 1999, Addison Wesley Longman, Inc.
12. Peter Belesis: Personal communication. July 8th, 2000.
Produced by Mark Szlazak andAll Rights Reserved. Legal Notices.
Created: July 11, 2000
Revised: July 11, 2000