Hiermenus Go Forth, II - DHTML Lab | 13
Hiermenus Go Forth, II:
Version 4 - The External Arrays - New Menu Tree Parameters
Element 16 - evaluate_upon_tree_hide
The menu above has a SELECT form element immediately below it. When the child menu appears, the form element is hidden. When the child element is hidden, the form element reappears.
- string JS expression to be evaluated
- Example Values
- JS expression (function call): "showSelect(true)"
- A custom function that you have created is called. Unlike function calls used to determine other parameter values, here we expect no return value. We simply execute the function statements when the menu tree is hidden. See the second example on the previous page.
- The src of a menu-related in-page image is changed when the menu tree is hidden. See the first example on the previous page.
If omitted, no special action is taken when the menu tree is hidden.
- Differences from Version 3 equivalent
- There is no Version 3 equivalent. Authors were expected to insert their own code in case they needed additional statements executed when the menu tree was hidden.
- This parameter should be used in conjunction with evaluate_upon_tree_show, discussed on the previous page, where we have also provided a couple of examples.
That completes our in-depth description of the Tree-Specific Overhead Parameters.
In our next column, we'll wrap up our discussion of the Version 4 menu-creating arrays, with a look at the new Item-Specific Parameters.
As before, on our final page, we have included an Array-Conversion tool to help you convert your existing Version 3 arrays to the new standard.
Produced by Peter Belesis andAll Rights Reserved. Legal Notices.
Created: Sept 05, 2000
Revised: Sept 05, 2000