Hiermenus Go Forth, XIII - DHTML Lab
Hiermenus Go Forth*, XIII:
Version 4.0.6 - The Complete Script (Full-Window)
Yet another maintenance release, with improved NS4 menu-creation speed and a couple of minor improvements.
As always, there is no documentation other than that already presented in previous columns.
However, all the parameters used in the script are described in detail.
Just about everything you need to know about using the script has been published in Columns 36 to 42. Additional minor information has been included in the release columns (43 to 48), usually pertaining to a adjustment introduced in the particular release.
- Column 35 - Hiermenus Go Forth, I: The External Arrays
- Column 36 - Hiermenus Go Forth, II: The External Arrays - New Menu Tree Parameters
- Column 38 - Hiermenus Go Forth, III: The External Arrays - Menu and Item Parameters
- Column 40 - Hiermenus Go Forth, IV: The Page-Specific Parameters 1
- Column 41 - Hiermenus Go Forth, V: The Page-Specific Parameters 2
- Column 42 - Hiermenus Go Forth, VI: The Page-Specific Parameters 3
- Column 43 - Hiermenus Go Forth, VII: 4.0 - The Complete Script (Full-Window)
- Column 44 - Hiermenus Go Forth, VIII: 4.0.1 - The Complete Script (Full-Window)
- Column 45 - Hiermenus Go Forth, IX: 4.0.2 - The Complete Script (Full-Window)
- Column 46 - Hiermenus Go Forth, X: 4.0.3 - The Complete Script (Full-Window)
- Column 47 - Hiermenus Go Forth, XI: 4.0.4 - The Complete Script (Full-Window)
- Column 48 - Hiermenus Go Forth, XII: 4.0.5 - The Complete Script (Full-Window)
The script works in:
- Internet Explorer for Windows, Version 4.x
- Internet Explorer for Windows, Version 5.x
- Internet Explorer for Macintosh, Version 5.x
- Netscape Navigator, Versions 4.02 --> 4.76
- Netscape 6
- Other Gecko-powered browsers
Please report any problems you find, using this link to send mail:
But before you click the above link, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING POINTS:
We cannot provide additional instructions at this time. They will be forthcoming, along with detailed discussion of the code once Version 4 is rock-stable.
The menu look and behavior in the download is only one of many possible look-behavior combinations. The parameters discussed in columns 36 --> 42 achieve menu customization. Please familiarize yourself with these.
Several Version 4-related questions have been anticipated in a previous column.
Most of the Version 3-related FAQ apply to Version 4. Please check these for a possible answer to your problem.
I cannot emphasize this enough!
95% of the HM4 problem mail asks questions answered literally years ago in the FAQ. A good 30% of the mail asks FAQ #1. Another 30% asks FAQ #6. Please take the time to peruse the FAQ. You will save your own precious time.
With the volume of mail regarding HM, a reply will probably not be possible. All problems reported, however, will be considered.
Now, a look at the 4.0.6 improvements.
*with apologies to Blackadder
Produced by Peter Belesis andAll Rights Reserved. Legal Notices.
Created: Mar 22, 2001
Revised: Mar 22, 2001