Internet / Search | 7
General Information Libraries
- Electric Library
- Anyone can perform serious research through this database of full text newspapers (150), full-text magazines (800), classic books (2000), hundreds of maps, thousands of photographs, book, movie and software reviews, as well as a complete encylcopedia, dictionary, thesaurus, almanac and more. Affiliate sites include Encyclopedia.com and ResearchPaper.com.
- Encyclopedia Brittanica (*)
- The authoritative encyclopedia reference source, covering nearly every subject under the sun. Free access.
- Internet Public Library
- "The library of the Internet", this project by the University of Michigan contains quality Web sites that are carefully annotated. Also includes huge Online Texts Collection, featuring over 10,000 titles.
- Library of Congress (*)
- Online exhibitions, catalogs, research services and more. The "American Memory Project" has a huge on-line archive of sound, video, and photography from the Library's archives. Top-notch.
- National Library of Canada
- Electronic collection of this national library of formally published Canadian online books and journals.
- On-line Books Page
- 10,000+ books available free on-line. Includes special features on Women writers, non-English texts, and Banned Books.
- Project Gutenberg
- Full texts of thousands of classic books available for free, with a goal of 10,000 full "Etexts" by 2001.
- Project Muse
- Subscription service from Johns Hopkins University Press, offering 40+ scholarly journals on-line.
- RefDesk.com (*)
- Reference information on every subject under the sun. Gateway page searches and organizes other information and reference sources from around the world.
- USF Virtual Library
- Large, comprehensive resource from the University of South Florida. Includes research information, on-line texts and journals, gateways to other libraries and much more.
- The WWW Virtual Library
- A distributed subject tree of what the maintainers consider to be the best indexes on topics ranging from Aboriginees to Zoos.
- Complex Systems Virtual Library
- Focused on on complex systems topics: artificial life, cellular automata, chaos, criticality, evolutionary computation, fractals, parallel computation, self-organization.
- Computer and Internet Books On-Line
- Searchable database of computer and Internet related books which are freely available online.
- Computing Virtual Library
- Computing-related information and resources, from the W3's Virtual Library project.
- Demography & Population Studies
- World demography information, including links to many country/region-specific virtual libraries.
- Engineering Virtual Library
- Engineering articles and links. Part of the W3's Virtual Library project.
- Harvard MCB BioLinks
- Harvard's Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology offers this collection of Bio Science-related information.
- Another branch of the W3 virtual library, with a focus on Mathematics-related resources.
- Physiology & Biophysics
- Another branch of the W3 virtual library, focused on Bio Science information.
- Statistics information available on-line. Part of the W3 virtual library.
Comments are welcome
Revised: November 29, 1999