Software / Servers / HTTP / Delta Encoding
- What is HTTP Delta Encoding?
- Jeff Mogul, researcher at the Compaq Computer Corporation Western Research Laboratory, explains what delta caching is and how it can help you.
- Delta encoding in HTTP - Internet Draft
- Most recent version of Jeff Mogul's working delta encoding draft.
- HTTP Delta Encoding
- A semestrial project in the COMNET Lab in Technion
- Delta Compression
- Study of delta compression, the algorithmic task of finding common strings between versions of data and using the commonality between versions to compactly encode one version by describing it as a set of changes from its companion.
- Delta Compression and Storage Hierarchies
- Project at the University of California at Santa Cruz studying delta compression and its use.
- A delta-compressed storage managment system named Xdelta, upon which a HTTP delta-compression system called xProxy has been built.
Comments are welcome
Revised: November 14, 1999