Getting started on the Internet isn't easy, but is increasely important. Don't be left behind because you think it's too hard, these tutorials can help you become an Internet wiz.
- Back to School
- A free electronic library classroom created by Ellen Chamberlain, University
of South Carolina Beaufort Librarian. A class on the Net for librarians with
little or no Net experience.
- Beginner's Central
- Easy how-to tutorial for new internet users. Also home to the Search
- Beginner's Guide
to Effective Email
- Why email is different from other forms of communication, and how to use
it most effectively. By Kaitlin Duck Sherwood.
Information on the Internet
- An introduction to the Internet and effective ways of finding what you're
looking for through searching.
- Internet 101
- This site is dedicated to teaching everyone about the Internet. This site
will constantly grow with new lessons and information for all ages.
- Learn the Net
- Basic training resource includes information on getting connected, safe
surfing for kids, netiquette, email, newsgroups, conferencing, and search
- Newbie Net
- Designed for beginners, offers continuously updated free courses on cyberspace,
unix, and smileys.
- 'Puter School
- Free service where users may ask any computer/Net related questions. Volunteers/tutors
have many years experience in the computer field & have volunteered their
time to help you with your computer/Net needs.
- Web Diner
- Site designed to teach people, especially small business owners, about using
the web. Full of beginner's tips and tricks on creating smart Web pages.
Comments are welcome
Revised: August 24, 2004