Headlines - Writing - Internet
Writing Headlines and Blurbs for the Internet
Have you ever had trouble thinking of a cool, catchy headline? Not sure when to capitalize those short words? Or perhaps you've already mastered writing on paper, but aren't sure what is legal on the constantly changing World Wide Web.? If you answered YES to any of the above question, then the resources below can help you out.
- Begin with the Blurb
- Bill Cook shows us how to come up with the perfect Blurb to highlight our headlines.
- EGGads! Capital Headline Mistakes
- Meryl Evans tries to clean up the Web's headlines and give us a grammar lesson.
- Writing Well for the Web
- A few tips on how to write headlines on the Web.
- Do's and Don'ts of Headline Writing
- Read this and you'll know you're Ps and Qs about headlines.
- Guide to Writing Headlines
- A well-written interesting article about headlines.
- How to write titles
- A good guide to writing headlines with a characterization of different kinds of headlines.
- Microcontent: How to Write Headlines, Page Titles, and Subject Lines
- By Jakob Nielsen, the master of usability.**
- Writing Headlines
- Good headlines, bad headlines; an article full of tips.
- Writing Headlines not so Easy
- A useful tutorial from the Akron Beacon Journal.
Revised: March 22, 2001