In this column we'll discuss a specific script, and through that script we'll explain various concepts. If you reached this page, you probably know we're going to talk about banners. So take a look at the script in action:
We'll show you:
- How to specify the banner's position.
- How to configure the banner.
- How to assign the banner's messages to an array.
- How to initialize the banner.
- How to create the banner's elements.
- How to fill the banner's elements.
- How to set an element's visibility.
- How to rotate the messages.
- How to move the messages.
For your convenience, you may also download a zip file containing banner.html, bannerconfig.js, and banner.js. Simply extract the files into any directory and load banner.html in your browser (Navigator 4.0x or Internet Explorer 4.0x).
Created: February 10, 1998
Revised: February 10, 1998