A Final Word
We also presented a workaround for an undocumented (and unexplained) bug. Our pop-out element script is compatible with Navigator 4.0x and Internet Explorer 4.0x, and gracefully downgrades for older browsers. In other words, it does not affect browsers that do not support the necessary features. In this column we showed you:
- How to define a pop-out element as an instance of an object.
- How to define and use a pop-out element's properties.
- How to position a pop-out element's tab.
- How to position a pop-out element's box.
- How to toggle a pop-out element's visibility status.
- How to toggle a pop-out element's visibility.
If you would like to implement pop-out elements on your site, be sure to view the entire script. That's it for this time. Be sure to check back soon for our next column.
Created: February 24, 1998
Revised: February 24, 1998