A Final Word
The script must be able to detect when the user presses a key, so it only works on fourth-generation browsers. However, the script works on both Navigator 4.0x and Internet Explorer 4.0x, and gracefully downgrades for older browsers by:
- not displaying anything on other browsers.
In this column you learned:
- How to define the basic global variables for the script.
- How to initialize the lookup list.
- How to update the text field when the user manually changes the selection.
- How to select a matching option.
For your convenience, you may also view the entire code.
Created: March 11, 1998
Revised: March 11, 1998