Embedding Movies with Flash, Part III: More Properties
In this column we'll demonstrate a batch of Flash properties. Many Flash properties are geared towards movies, so you must have a Flash movie to see the effect of these properties. We'll show you how to find the length of a movie, and its width and height; how to hide and reveal a movie; how to rotate and dim it; how to find the loading progress of a movie, its URL, and its name; and how to set its quality.
In this column we use
opener.swf, courtesy of www.associatesinscience.com.
In this column you will learn:
- How to find the movie's length in frames
- How to change the movie's visibility
- How to get the movie's width
- How to get the movie's height
- How to rotate a movie
- How to get the movie's loading progress
- How to set and get the movie's name
- How to dim a movie
- How to find the movie's URL
- How to change the movie's graphic quality
Next: How to find the movie's length in frames