July 20, 2001 - Main Features of Internet Explorer 6
Internet Explorer 6 has recently been released for preview. Microsoft is promoting the new version and its features to three target audiences:
- End users. Internet Explorer is an application that enables them to view and interact with Web-based content.
- Web application developers. They use Internet Explorer as a platform for building and deploying Web-based applications.
- Stand-alone application developers. Internet Explorer 6 enables Web content to be part of their applications.
These are the four main features of Internet Explorer 6:
- Error reporting mechanism. Lets end users report failures they encounter during use.
- Personal Bar. Brings a new level of personalization and convenience to Web browsing.
- Privacy enhancements. Provide the end user with control over how cookies can be used in collecting information.
- Standards Support. Internet Explorer 6 supports more features of the standards, CSS level 1 and DOM level 1.