Databases are used to back a majority of Web sites today. Using a database can add powerful interactive features to your Web site and save publishing time.
- Ask the SQL Server
- With questions and answers to various topics, this is a well laid out
- Database-backed Web Sites
- This is the full-text electronic edition of what you'd find at the MIT
Press Bookstore as Database-backed Web Sites, despite the Web page's actual
title. By Philip Greenspun.
- Put Your
Database on the Web
- If you're thinking about making your Web site a little bit more dynamic,
read this article. Answers some of the more nagging questions that might be
going through your mind, with a side-bar on how to create a simple database.
Database Crash Course
- This is a five part tutorial featuring (but not limited to) a step-by-step
tour of the configuration of the Apache Web server and demystification of
MySQL. It also gives some basic tips for database programming using CGI, ePerl,
Building a Database-Driven Web Site Using PHP and MySQL
- This ten part series of articles will teach you
everything you'll need to build a database-driven Web site from
the ground up.
- PHP/MySQL Tutorial
- Some developers strongly believe these packages make the world's best combination for creating data-driven sites. This tutorial will help you get started in Web databasing the open source way.
- Open DataBase Internet Connector, ODBiC, is a simple yet powerful interface between your Web pages and your ODBC databases. You can use SQL and an easy "scripting" language to dynamically insert your data into your Web pages and to update your databases from Web browser forms.
- Allaire ColdFusion
- The leading cross-platform Web application server, ColdFusion provides you with the fastest way to develop and deliver scalable Web applications.
- The Lasso product line consists of authoring and serving tools that allow Web designers and Web developers to serve and deploy data-driven Web sites.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- SQL Server 2000 is a relational database management and analysis system for building scalable e-commerce, line-of-business, and data warehousing solutions.
- MySQL is a popular choice in relational database management systems. It is known for being a fast and robust SQL server.
- POET Software
- POETs object data management products are widely used in next
generation packaged software applications and embedded systems. Their XML based
Internet applications enable eCommerce and content management over the Web.
- PostgreSQL is a Object-Relational DBMS, supporting almost all SQL constructs, including subselects, transactions, and user-defined types and functions.
- TalentSoft Web+
- A great web development and web data access tool for designing dynamic
database driven web pages.
- Database Resources
- A large catorgories list of links from UniFX.
- HotBot directory
- All the database resources you need.
Comments are welcome
Revised: October 26, 2000