Despite increases in bandwidth and connection speed, Internet users still have no patience for slow pages and slow code. These optimization tools help squeeze every ounce of speed out of your pages. In addition, obfuscators can help protect your hard work by obscuring your code while keeping functionality intact.
- HTML Shrinker
- HTML Tidy
- Freeware HTML cleaner & validator, available for every major computing plaform, including many Unix variants. By Dave Raggett.
- HTML Jammer
- VSE WebSite Turbo
- Shrinks, obfuscates, and optimizes Java code, protecting your Java class files from reverse engineering, making them smaller and more efficient. Commerical and trial versions available.
- Commercial Java obfuscation, size reduction and speed optimization. Generates 100% compatible Java, with up to 70% size and 30% speed improvements. Demo version available, free version available for customers of RSA and Zero G.
- jPresto / jPresse
- From S5 Systems Inc. GUI and SDK tools for Java obfuscation, code reduction, image optimization, and performance optimization.
- Java Bytecode Obfuscator. Free product integrates with (and requires) Ant 1.5 or better.
- Google's List of Java Obfuscators
- PHP Guardian
- Optimize, obfuscate, encrypt, timelimit and IP limit your PHP code.
- Extreme HTML Optimization
- How to squeeze every unneeded byte out of your code. By Andy King.
- Great Tips from CNET Designers
- See how CNET optimizes their pages. See especially the HTML and page layout sections.
- Optimizing Animated Gifs
- Techniques and tools for keeping your animations under control. By Andy King.
- Optimizing Web Graphics
- Techniques and tools for minimizing the size of your graphics, by Andy King, WebRef's intrepid editor.
- Additional information on Graphics optimization tools can be found in WebRef's Authoring section.
- Learn how to speed up your site at the companion site to the book "Speed Up Your Site" by Andy King.
Comments are welcome