How to Create a Great Autoresponder Letter Series
How to Create a Great Autoresponder Letter Series
Your autoresponder letter series, if written properly, can make you some serious money on the Internet. Studies have proven that most consumers buy only after repeated exposure to a product. This repeated exposure helps you to gain their trust enough to buy from you.
Having an autoresponder system is the hassle-free, automated way to put your product in front of interested buyers enough times to move them from consideration to purchase. Have information on every page of your site to show how a visitor can opt-in for futher information, join your ezine, newsletter or any incentive you can think of to get them to sign up to your autoresponder series.
The following are some informative tips on creating autoresponder messages that sell your product for you. You'll learn what to say, how to say it, format it and avoid having your messages sent straight to the SPAM folder unread.
Heres a breakdown of what your messages should contain.
1. Subject line. The subject line is the first thing people see when they receive your message. It must be compelling enough to keep them from deleting the message unread. Learn everything you can on how to write good headlines, but don't use hype. Since the person receiving this message has requested it, keep the subject on topic, i.e. Here is the information you requested on _____...
2. The opening sentence. Keep this true to your subject. Expand on it without hype or pressure. Don't mention the sale price, or tell them they must buy your product. Keep it promise based. i.e. tell them what they will learn or gain via the information or service you offer.
For example say your subject was: Thank you ~ Name~, here's the information your requested on earning a living at home. Your opening sentence might be something like this: "You're about to learn the very same strategies I use to make a full time living from my home."
3. Introductory paragraph. Explain in a concise paragraph exactly what your product will do for the buyer. Tell them how your product or service will help them to make a full-time living from their home. Avoid using ALL CAPS or excessive punctuation!!! This looks amateurish and, in the majority of cases, get your message deleted.
4. Subheadings and further information. Write bullet point type headlines with either bold letters or put lines above and below them to set them apart. Then expand on these headings in a paragraph or two underneath them.
THIS WILL BE YOUR SUB HEADLINE
With more information below it...
5. A call to action. After you've finished your sub-headlines and the corresponding information, use a pre-closing paragraph to tell the reader exactly what you want them to do. "Click Here" to download this information instantly! or Click the link below, fill out the form to have this ~~Product~~ delivered to you immediately. When possible, point out the uniqueness of your product. Is it priced lower then competitors? Is it the only one of its kind? Is it a limited time offer? You want to create a compelling reason to buy your product/service. Keep it honest of course. Don't make something up just to get better results.
6. Closing Paragraph. Thank them again and also sum up what will be in the next message such as: "Watch your email the next few days for a great thank you gift," or, "I'll have a free chapter, from my 'make a living at home' ebook, for you in a few days," etc.
7. DISCLAIMER. This is a short paragraph to remind people they're receiving your message because they asked to be on your list. It will help prevent them from clicking on the SPAM button if they decide they aren't interested in your product, and keep your autoresponder and Web site off Internet blacklists.
8. Unsubscribe link. This is critical to a successful autoresponder campaign. You must give subscribers the option to discontinue receiving messages from you, or your messages will be labeled as SPAM. Most autoresponder services offer an automatic unsubscribe list for all your autoresponder series. All you have to do is make sure to include the link in your message.
One of the most powerful ways to get more traffic to your site can be your autoresponder series. Your well-crafted messages can send people in droves to your site to check out what you have to say. Just make sure you give them a good reason to go there, and great reasons to keep coming back, and you will build a rock-solid autoresponder campaign that keeps your profits rolling in.
A quick tip on how to format the messages... with today's advances in email, HTML is a good option if your autoresponder system allows it. Another option is to use both plain text and HTML so if a person has HTML turned off in their email software, they'll receive the text version. To make your letters appear uniform (and to avoid the auto-wrapping many autoresponder systems use), don't use more than 50 characters per line.
Kick start your campaign by offering a free report or e-book via a lead capture page with your autoresponder signup form attached to the autoresponder letters you create. It will keep a nonstop flow of people receiving your letters and coming to your site to buy your products.
About the Author
Debbie Ducker is the owner of The Plugged-N Network. Members of this site are given a complete full featured HTML/Text autoresponder system for their own use, absolutely free.
Created: March 27, 2003
Revised: July 25, 2007