Web / HTML / Style Guides
HTML Style Guidelines
- HTML with Style
- The HTML with Style Tutorials will teach you HTML and CSS, from scratch, the Right Way. New column every month. By Stephanos Piperoglou.
- Introduction to HTML
- An excellent and thorough introduction to HTML by Ian Graham a PhD at the University of Toronto and author of the HTML Sourcebook.
- HTML 3.2 and Netscape 4.0
- WebReference's own guidelines on which Netscape extensions to use, and which NOT to use - ABK
- WDVL's Style Guide
- Alan Richmond explains the rules of HTML style that he uses when writing for his site, the Web Developer's Virtual Library.
- Yale C/AIM WWW Style Manual
- A good style manual and a point.com winner. Describes the design principles used to create the pages within the Center for Advanced Instructional Media's (C/AIM) World Wide Web site, by Patrick Lynch.
- A Basic HTML Style Guide
- Covers the basics, and uses a similar navigation button system to my own and the Yale guide. By Alan Richmond
- Composing good HTML
- A well-structured do's and dont's of HTML by Eric Tilton. Includes good practices, common errors, things to avoid, and obsolete HTML elements.
- Hints for Web Authors
- A practical guide to authoring web documents. The author stresses functionality in writing html over graphic design.
- HTML Style Guide
- This page is provided as a reference for those wishing to create new web pages, modify existing pages, or just brush up on HTML style. From St. Edward's University.
- Style Guide for Online Hypertext
- By Tim Berners-Lee, father of the Web
- Bad Style Page
- Covers what not to do with HTML. By Tony Sanders.
- Web Pages That Suck
- Vincent Flanders teaches good Web design by looking at bad Web design.
- Systems Magic HTML Style Guides
- A perfectly good guide to HTML style, but does not include the use of CSS.
- HTML Resources: Style
- The HTML Writers' Guild Collection of Style Guides
- Zack's Style Guide
- An HTML style guide by this guy named Zack. Address the usual cross-platform issues, bandwidth conservation, and WYSIWYG's.
- Style guide for online hypertext
- The Web Design Group's style guide, including how to organize content.
- Essays on HTML and the Web
- There is more to HTML than just the Web. Read the thoughts and criticsms of people intimate with the Internet.
- 100 do's and don'ts in Web design
- Contains suggestions to improve the look and feel of a website and tips to make your HTML browser independent.
Comments are welcome
Revised: June 9, 2000