Hiermenus Go Forth, V - DHTML Lab | 2
Hiermenus Go Forth, V:
Version 4 - The Page-Specific Parameters (cont'd)
- Specifies additional vertical space to be added between the item border and the "more" image in a menu item with associated child menu. This space is in addition to the padding added through the HM_PG_ItemPadding and associated parameters. All menus, in all cascades (top-level and children) are affected.
HM_PG_ImageVertSpace overrides site-wide global settings declared in the external script.
May be specified as:
- string JS expression to be evaluated
- Example Values
- integer: 3
- An extra three pixels of vertical space will be added between "more" images and their containing item's border in all menus on the page.
- An extra two pixels of vertical space will be added between "more" images and their containing item's border in all menus on the page.
JS expression: "getImageVertSpace()"
- A custom function that you have created will be called. The return value of this function will be the HM_PG_ImageVertSpace parameter, and all menus in the page will comply.
JS expression: "(IE4) ? ((document.body.clientHeight
- The complete JS code is included in the parameter declaration. In the above example, HM_PG_ImageVertSpace will be 0 if the browser window is less than 480 pixels high, and 3 if it is not.
- If this parameter is omitted, the relevant Global Parameter value set in the external script is used.
- Differences from Version 3 equivalent
- There is no Version 3 equivalent. Authors could not add extra vertical spacing using a parameter variable.
Next column, we'll complete our discussion of the Page-Specific Parameters, so we can then publish the actual external script.
I know, I know. It's like pulling teeth.
Produced by Peter Belesis andAll Rights Reserved. Legal Notices.
Created: Dec 06, 2000
Revised: Dec 06, 2000