Hiermenus Go Forth, VI - DHTML Lab | 8
Hiermenus Go Forth, VI:
Version 4 - The Page-Specific Parameters (cont'd)
- Sets the horizontal distance a child menu overlaps its parent menu.
All menu trees in the page are affected.
HM_PG_ChildOverlap overrides site-wide global settings declared in the external script.
HM_PG_ChildOverlap can be overridden by the HM_PG_ChildPerCentOver parameter.
May be specified as:
- string JS expression to be evaluated
- Example Values
- integer: 20
- All child menus will overlap their parent menus by twenty pixels.
- All child menus will overlap their parent menus by thirty pixels.
JS expression: "getChildOverlap()"
- A custom function that you have created will be called. The return value of this function will be the HM_PG_ChildOverlap parameter, and all menus in the page will comply.
JS expression: "(IE4) ? ((document.body.clientWidth>640) ? 30 : 10) : ((window.innerWidth>640) ? 30 : 20)"
- The complete JS code is included in the parameter declaration. In the above example, HM_PG_ChildOverlap will be 30 if the browser window is more than 640 pixels wide, and 20 if it is not.
- If this parameter is omitted, the relevant Global Parameter value set in the external script is used.
- Differences from Version 3 equivalent
- The childOverlap parameter in Version 3:
- accepted only integer values.
- was mandatory.
- If you do not want your child menus to overlap the parent menu, give HM_PG_ChildOverlap a value of 0.
To leave space between your child menus and their parents, give HM_PG_ChildOverlap a negative value (ex:
HM_PG_ChildOverlap = -20.)
Produced by Peter Belesis andAll Rights Reserved. Legal Notices.
Created: Dec 12, 2000
Revised: Dec 12, 2000