Photoshop Color Correction- Giordan on Graphics
Photoshop lets you correct color in a number of ways - so many ways that it can be confusing as to which approach to take. Should you use Color Balance, Variations, or Curves? Unless you understand the Photoshop philosophy, along with some basic color theory, it can be confusing and downright frustrating as to why there are so many color options.
I'm going to start with the philosophy and then look at all of the various color controls that Photoshop has to offer. By the time we're through you should have a good sense of the color correction options available for your digital images.
Table of Contents
- page 2- The Photoshop Color Philosophy
- page 3- Tool #1- Levels
- page 4- Tool #2- Auto Levels
- page 5- Tool #3- Curves
- page 6- Tools #4&5- Color Balance and Brightness/Contrast
- page 7- Tool #6- Hue/Saturation
- page 8- Tools # 7&8- Desaturate & Replace Color
- page 9- Tool #9- Channel Mixer
- page 10- Tool #10- Variations