Internet / Magazines / Web Development
Below you'll find general web development-oriented on-line and print magazines. For chat, mailing lists, and newsletter collections try the discussion page.
- Subscription-based monthly for designing, developing, deploying & managing Internet and Intranet Web Solutions.
- Full text on-line version of this monthly magazine for IS Managers. Aimed at more advanced developers includes coverage of Java, WWW/Database interfaces, server issues and more.
- de eads-up
- "Web Development For The Next Millennium." ZDNet's e-mail newsletter for their developer-oriented site, de ead.com.
- Dr. Dobb's Journal
- Monthly magazine for programmers, includes articles on Internet/Web programming.
- Hip, current, the on-line version of their popular Wired magazine. Don't miss Webmonkey, where the geeks at HotWired share their secrets.
- Internet World (*)
- Weekly on-line and off magazine for Web Professionals.
- Microsoft Interactive Developer (MIND)
- Get the inside scoop on Microsoft's newest technologies for the Web and beyond.
- Microsoft Systems Journal
- "MSJ is the Windows Developers' source for timely information. COM, HTML help, interface issues, and more.
- ora.com Magazine
- Keep up with O'Reilly's latest books with this fine site. Consists of a series of articles, book excerpts, and interviews with experts about the Internet, system administration, Unix, and programming. From O'Reilly and Associates.
- Search Engine Watch Newsletter
- Monthly newsletter from Danny Sullivan, webmaster of Search Engine Watch. Great inside info and news about search engines and search technology.
- Sunworld Online
- A monthly magazine for the Sun community which includes regular Webmastering and Java columns.
- UnixWorld Online
- "UnixWorld is a subscription-free, Web-only based magazine that provides practical, tutorial-oriented articles and columns for beginner to expert users, programmers, and system administrators of platforms running the UNIX operating system."
- Web Developer's Journal
- Software and book reviews, and how-to articles for web developers in this on-line only zine.
- Offers Web Developers comprehensive beginner and advanced Web Host related information and comprehensive reviews.
- Web Review (*)
- "Goodies for Geeks." An excellent weekly ezine with in-depth articles and how-to about the creating the Web. Now features daily Web news. Innovative, intuitive interface with clean, fast-loading graphics.
- Web Techniques (*)
- Monthly magazine aimed at Web developers with how-to articles on various techniques.
- Windows Magazine
- Has Web hot spots and Windows news, and related stories.
Comments are welcome
Revised: November 24, 1999