General Security Information
- CERT (*)
- The Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT) charter is to work with the
Internet community to facilitate its response to computer security events
involving Internet hosts, to take proactive steps to raise the community's
awareness of computer security issues, and to conduct research targeted at
improving the security of existing systems. Site features a wide variety of security statistics, advisories, incident notes, and tech tips.
- Computer Incident Advisory Capability (CIAC) is the U.S. Department of
Energy's Computer Incident Advisory Capability. CIAC provides computer security
services to employees and contractors of the Department of Energy. Site features security bulletins, updates, hoax warnings and more for the entire internet community.
- Cryptography, PGP, and
- Cryptography, PGP, and Privacy (as the title suggests) are all covered thoroughly in this site by Francis Litterio. Part of the WWW Virtual Library.
- International Computer Security Association
- ICSA's mission is to foster improvement in all aspects of world-wide
digital security, reliability and ethics by providing key services to its
constituents. Includes security information, code examples, conferences, tutorials, and
extensive security-related links.
- Netscape Security Center
- Netscape corporation's security page. Features browser updates, FAQs on security issues and implementation, security news and more.
- Provides computer security statistics, news, and tools, to the infosec community. Tools include an interactive password strength meter, and several other general auhentication tools.
Security FAQ's (*)
- A helpful FAQ list compiled by Lincoln D. Stein full of everything
you want to know about Web security.
- Xforce/Internet Security Systems
- Large site
with security alerts, news, whitepaper, quizzes and more. Features a security search engine.
- Security/hacker/site defacement news. Part of the growing field of "gray sites", offering security news and info to both the white hats (sys admins, security professionals) and the black hats (crackers).
- The Hacker News Network, providing news and opinions for the hacker community. Another gray site.
- Known exploits for online programs including UNIX etc. Searchable and
continuously updated, useful for sysops (and hackers) to keep up-to-date on
where their systems need patching.
- The COAST Archive
- Computer Operations, Audit, and Security Technology is a multiple project,
multiple investigator effort in computer security research in the Computer
Science Department at Purdue University. One of the largest collections of computer security information on the Internet.
- Cryptography and
- An organized list of security links. From
Ronald L. Rivest
a professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at MIT.
- Internet Security Services
- Listings of security providers from the Open Directory Project.
- The NIH UNIX
- FAQs on general and specialized security issues, advisories, and pointers
to other WWW security sites.
- NIST - Computer Security Resource
- A collection of security-related government programs and information from
the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- Security and Encryption
- Useful links from Yahoo.
- Includes general security information, commerce, companies, and
springboards for further exploration.
Comments are welcome
Revised: December 7, 2000