The Internet Explorer Event Model
In our previous column (Column 9) we discussed the new event model and events in Netscape Navigator 4.0x. In the second part of this series, we're going to examine Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0x's event model. If you missed it, please read Column 9, which explains the basics of events and event handlers. Now that you know the basics, you're ready to explore the new world of events in Internet Explorer 4.0x.
- How to assign an event handler to an element.
- How to implement Internet Explorer 4.0x's explicit event handler scripts.
- How to capture events at various levels.
- How to disable an event handler.
- How to design event processing functions.
- How to take advantage of event bubbling.
- How to cancel event bubbling for a specific event.
- How to access the
eventobject for a specific event.
- How to use the
- How to use Internet Explorer 4.0x's new and revised events.
- How to use the new mouse events.
- How to use the new keyboard events.
Created: December 30, 1997
Revised: December 30, 1997