- It computes the animation path before it starts animating the element. So if you want to move an element in a circular path 1000 times, with 100 steps per circle, our script must compute the coordinates of 100,000 points -- a definite crash. For longer animations, it's best to perform real-time calculations.
- If you tried to implement the script, you probably noticed that it is very difficult to define many consecutive animations. It requires strings within strings -- a real mess.
Not only will we show you how to overcome these problems, but we'll also discuss several additional enhancements, such as nested animations. In general, you'll learn:
- How to create real-time animations.
- How to execute consecutive animations.
- How to create nested animations.
- How to overcome the resize/reload bug.
We'll develop three new versions of our animate.js library, with various enhancements for your benefit.
Created: May 21, 1998
Revised: May 21, 1998