DOCJSLIB Version 2.0
In this column we introduce DOCJSLIB Version 2.0. This version is an expansion of DOCJSLIB Version 1.0 which we introduced in our last column. Version 1.0 included three basic functions and handled creation and manipulation of a clickable
IMAGE DHTML element. Version 2.0 includes nine functions and supports a
HTML box element as well.
Version 2.0 goes a long way towards providing neophyte programmers with a cross-browser infrastructure that eases a lot the DHTML application programming. Object-oriented programming principles are religiously kept, ensuring a clean Procedural Interface (API-like) between the user's application and the library's nuts and bolts. In this column, we demonstrate easy application authoring with our popout elements from column 14, Pop-out Elements. Be sure to read this column for comparing the non-library version and the current DOCJSLIB-based version.
In this column you'll learn:
- How to use the DOCJSLIB's box model's external view.
- How to use the DOCJSLIB's box model's internal view.
- How to use the DOCJSLIB's box model's HTML tags.
- How to use DOCJSLIB's visibility functions.
- How to use DOCJSLIB's width function.
- How to use DOCJSLIB's horizontal positioning function.
- How to use DOCJSLIB's Zindex function.
- How to use DOCJSLIB for writing applications.
- How to build your Pop-out Elements application.
- How to use DOCJSLIB for writing applications' event handlers.
At this point, you may also view the DOCJSLIB-compliant code for:DOCJSLIB 2.0 library. Just copy from these files and paste to your own application. A ZIP-file version of DOCJSLIB Library Version 2.0 is also provided.
Created: October 26, 1998
Revised: October 26, 1998