Modal and Modeless Dialog Boxes
A Final Word
In this column we presented the capability to invoke a dialog box from an application. We presented the two types of dialog boxes: modal and modeless. We showed you how to impact the dialog box's look, location, and other ornaments. We differentiated between regular applications and trusted applications in terms of specific ornaments that can be set in trusted applications, but not in regular applications. We reviewed the mechanism of parameter passing by value and by reference. We demonstrated this mechanism by a caller which passes information to its dialog box and is also being updated back by the callee.
In this column you have learned:
- How to create modal and modeless dialog boxes
- How to specify the different arguments when creating dialog boxes
- How to impact the dialog box's size and location
- How to impact the dialog box's ornaments
- How to impact the trusted application's dialog boxes
- How to pass scalars and arrays to dialog boxes
- How to pass objects to dialog boxes
- How to update the caller application from its dialog box
You could load all accessory files from a single zipped file.