- Adobe Software
- Makers of some of the most popular video editing software around, including Premiere, LiveMotion and more.
- Progressive networks, makers of RealAudio now streams video with their new RealVideo product. Uses the RealVideo server but can work without a server (HTTP). Combines the mathematically-based fractal video compression (Clear Video) licensed from Iterated Systems with RealAudio's renowned audio quality.
- Contains the latest QuickTime information and software from Apple, Includes news and updates, developer's information, resources, samples and an open forum. The QuickTime plug-in lets you experience QuickTime animation, music, MIDI, audio, video, and VR panoramas and objects directly in a Web page.
- Shockwave & Flash
- Not exactly video (but close enough), Macromedia's interactive multimedia formats are some of the most popular on the Internet. Webmasters can make interactive games, and presentations, even entire applications with these powerful products. Source code and SDKs for the Flash Player and Flash File Format are now availabe for free download to developers.
- A full-featured webcam program for putting live images and time-lapse movies on the internet. MacOS platforms only.
- Terran Interactive
- Makers of Movie Cleaner Pro, designed to dynamically compress, clean up and optimize your movies dramatically for the Web. Supports multiple media formats, runs on Windows and Mac platforms.
- Microsoft's WindowsMedia Player and information about the Windows Media File Format. Streaming Audio and Video, Media News, downloads and more.
- 'Wimpy' Streaming Media Tools
- Adding multimedia to a Web site can make it more attractive and appealing to your visitors but the process can be difficult, even if you know what you're doing. Fortunately, there are other options, such as Wimpy, which is easy to install and use. By Lee Underwood. February 6, 2006
- Desktop videoconferencing software for real time person-to-person or group conferencing. Runs on both Windows and Macintosh platforms, offering full-color video, audio, chat window, and white board communications. By White Pine Software.
Collections / Services
- DMOZ.org - Computer/Digital Video
- Computer and Digital Video links from the Open Directory project.
- MPEG - Moving Picture Experts Group
- A working group of ISO/IEC in charge of the development of international standards for compression, decompression, processing, and coded representation of moving pictures, audio and their combination.
- MPEG Pointers and Resources
- A complete, comprehensive and up-to-date index of MPEG resources on the Web.
- MPEG FAQ 4.1
- Not recently updated, but still filled with useful information for hardcore developers.
- QuickTime/MPEG FAQs
- Quicktime and MPEG resources and downloadable FAQs.
- Streaming Media World
- Resources, links, reviews, tutorials, hardware info and more about streaming video, from another of the internet.com family of sites.
- The Web Cam Cookbook
- Sam's Web Cam Cookbook is a tutorial and reference for Web cam beginners or sophisticates. Covers a wide range of topics from the practical (software and hardware reviews, tutorials, videoconferencing) to the esoteric (Webcasting on a bike).
Comments are welcome