- One of the many types of data entered into web forms is the date. The three main problems when handling date fields are Garbage Data, Validating, and Formats. To address these issues, here is a customized DatePicker control. By Guyon Roche. 1226
- Web Interfaces - Why They Will Prosper
- Despite the issues confronting Web interfaces, they are still the interface of choice for several reasons, such as easy development, low cost of entry, superior navigation and menuing capabilities over desktop alternatives, cross platform portability and more. By Jacques Surveyor. 1112
- The HTML Form Element
- Form elements are probably one of the most important aspects of HTML encountered when browsing the Web. Here, we'll look at some common attributes used for form elements, including children elements (known as controls) and common form submission issues. by Khalid Ali. 1016
- IE XML Data Island Functionality in NS6+ Browsers
- In this article we'll take a look at 3 different approaches to import/embed XML in your HTML pages. These are: the IE Specific Approach, the Direct Approach and the Cross Browser Approach. By Khalid Ali. 0912
- Object Sniffing New Browsers, Part 3: Opera
- In this series we've looked at how you can use object detection to distinguish between various browsers and tailor your Web code to take advantage of their individual features (or lack thereof). In this last article, we look at the other major browser out there, namely Opera. By Keith Schengili-Roberts. 0822
- Object Sniffing New Browsers, Part 2: Other Browsers
- Object Sniffing New Browsers, The khtml Triumvirate: Part 1
- This article is the first of a short series looking at how to "sniff" out the latest browsers. Topics covered: why you can't always trust user-string, and how to detect browsers based on the khtml rendering engine (Konqueror, Safari and OmniWeb). By Keith Schengili-Roberts. 0718
- In the previous section, we looked at the key components and requirements of this application, etc. In this chapter, we'll cover the basic movement of each piece, the capture of one piece by another, special moves such as castling and stepping backwards though the move list. By Greg Griffiths.
- Form Elements Overlapping A Styled Layer
Specs and Documentation
- JScript Documentation
- Technical information and tutorials. From Microsoft.
- ECMAScript Language Specification
Other Tutorials [Off Site]
- Weekly how-tos and resources from About.com.
- Canned scripts, tips and tricks, and links to JS info around the world. From WebDeveloper.com, another part of the internet.com family of sites.
- All about Web development and programming. Rather than simple "cut and paste" listings, you'll find detailed articles on client and server side coding. Supports W3C standards. By Mike Hall.
- Dynamic Drive
- Free DHTML sripts and components for your Web site. Frequently updated.
- Tutorials, code, and discussion. Constantly updated for new material and revisions.