Browser Sniffer Resources / WebTools
Browser Sniffer Links
Here's where you'll find more sniffers and background info. (Note: our use of the term "sniffer" here should in no way be confused with products from Sniffer Technologies, Inc.)
Client-Side Browser Sniffers
- Extensive browser capability tests, in various categories
- Rick Scott's tutorial/code from ZDNet
- Sniffs out client-side capabilities and includes object and method detection. From WebReference.com.
- Mozilla's Ultimate Client Sniffer
Server-Side Browser Sniffers
- PHP-based sniffer that includes a DOM check. From The Horde Project.
- Rules-based web server extension for browser detection and access control. For Microsoft IIS/NT and Apache servers.
- Browser Compatibility
- Browser Variables
- Used in DHTMLab.com
- Cross-Browser Style Objects
Comments are welcome
Created: July 15, 1999
Revised: Jan. 31, 2002